Register To Vote
Voter registrations forms are available online and may be turned in or mailed to your local board of elections by the deadline. You must register or update your voter registration no later than 30 days prior to an election.
Upcoming voter registration deadlines:
- October 4, 2021 for the November 2, 2021 General Election
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. (If you will be 18 on or before November 3, you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but you cannot vote on issues until you are 18);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
If the person is eligible, the voter registration form must be typed or printed clearly using black pen. (Forms filled in with pencil cannot be accepted.)
Absentee Ballot Voting
Any qualified Ohio voter may request and vote an absentee ballot without stating a reason. The Medina County Board of Elections must receive absentee ballot requests by noon on the Saturday before the election.
Fill out the request form, mail to the Medina County Board of Elections at P.O. Box 506, Medina, OH 44258, and an absentee ballot will be mailed to your home.
If you do not have a printer to print and mail the request form, email the Medina County Board of Elections at email@example.com to have a request form mailed to you.
Once you receive your absentee ballot, you must cast your vote and mail it postmarked by the day before the election for your vote to be counted.
You may also deliver your absentee ballot to your county Board of Elections and deposit the ballot in the 24/hr. secure drop box by 7:30 pm on Election Day.
Early In-Person Voting
At Medina County Board of Elections
3800 Stonegate Dr., Suite C
Early voting hours will be released closer to each election. Look for the .pdf on the Medina County Board of Elections website.
Medina County District Library's Reference Department has compiled a list of resources and websites at mcdl.info/election that you may use to help with any questions you may have about voting in the 2021 election, even for local races.