Covid-19 Antigen Rapid At-Home Test Kits are available by phone reservation only at all MCDL locations.
- Patrons must provide a name, email, and date of birth upon request to receive a kit.
- Contact-free distribution will be arranged through Curbside or Locker service.
- Rapid tests are not returned to the library.
- Patrons experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are NOT to enter the libraries.
- Patrons are not permitted to host telemedicine sessions in the library.
Patrons must download the NAVICA app and schedule a live, virtual tele-med visit to complete the test and receive results.
Test users must have the necessary technology to administer the test. This includes a Windows or Mac/Apple laptop with webcam (or a desktop computer with adjustable webcam), microphone, and speaker. An Apple or Android phone/tablet is also needed simultaneously. An email address and internet connection is required. If you do not have any one of these requirements this may not be the test for you. Find testing centers in Medina County
The Abbot BinaxNOW Rapid Covid-19 Antigen At-Home Test Kit is provided in partnership with the Medina County Health Department and the Ohio Governor's Office. According to the Medina County Health Department, the tests are intended for people experiencing symptoms. Rapid tests are highly effective in diagnosing Covid-19 when symptoms are present. The tests are not recommended for people who do not have symptoms.
Paper instructions will accompany each test. Covid-19 At-Home Test Instructions
- Covid-19 Vaccine Information from Medina County Health Department:
Qualifying citizens are encouraged to register for the vaccine at the Health Department with the ArmorVax app. Vaccine registration and COVID information available at medinahealth.org/vaccine.
View a list of more than two dozen providers offering the vaccine in Medina County.
Each pharmacy/provider has their own method for registering and setting appointments. Most are online only.
- Jobs for Ohio's Graduates (JOG) offers in-school and out of school training and subsidized work programs. They help with the skills to get you a job, and then help you secure work.
- 211 First Call for Help - Get help to locate food pantries, hot meals, temporary shelter and more in your service area. If you are looking for any social service or local agency for a person who may be in need of assistance, feel free to call 2-1-1 or 1-888-330-4211 for referrals or visit their site to chat online.
- Unemployment Help - Check out Ohio Department of Job and Family Services if you need information on filing a claim for unemployment, tips or frequently asked questions.
- Check out Feeding Medina County for information on pick up times and locations and contact them for how to get involved to help.
- Voting Information - Visit our voter information page at for links to all the latest updates on the Ohio primary or print your absentee ballot. Visit our site for details!
- Ohio Means Jobs: medinacountyworks.com 330-723-9675
- Alternative Paths: www.alternativepaths.org 330-725-9195
- Community Action: Visit https://www.cawm.org/ or call 330-723-2229 for information about their health, education, economic and transportation programs and services
Avoiding Scams and Misinformation
- Ohio Department of Health's COVID-19 Checklist for Avoiding Scams
- Ohio Attorney General and Recognizing and Reporting Possible Scams flyer and brochure.
- Snopes is the oldest and largest fact-checking site online. In its thorough special report,The Coronavirus Collection: Fact-Checking COVID-19, they help you navigate through false statistics, quotes, treatments, and more misleading information
The Medina County Office for Older Adults is facilitating help with meal delivery, grocery shopping, and supplying food staples for seniors. Visit their web site or call 330-723-9514.
Now is a difficult time for seniors who may be isolated from their family, friends, or the activities they used to engage in. Learn more about ways to combat isolation with this helpful document.
For links to federal, state, and local tax information as well as printable forms, check out mcdl.info/tax.
AARP Tax Preparation Sessions, which were typically held at Medina and Brunswick libraries, are cancelled for the 2021 tax season. AARP was forced to cancel the free service this Jan. - April due to the inability to secure volunteers and host the program safely during the pandemic.
- Hope Recovery Community - Check their Facebook Page for daily updates and for a list of online recovery meetings, activities and resources available during the stay-at-home-orders. Many online meetings are still available for people who need support.
- Medina County Health Department
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services - The coronavirus has many people feeling distressed. This is very normal in times of crisis. You can manage these feelings and try to keep yourself healthy by taking some simple steps as shown in the many resources on this site.
Anxiety and Stress Release
- Strategic Breathing App by Max Strom (for Apple products only)
- Meditation Studio App by Muse is a great resource for free meditations on relieving anxiety and stress, promote healthy sleep, for moms, and much more! Some meditations are as quick as 2 minutes, others are as long as 30 minutes.
- Meditations from Health Journeys at Tri-C - Guided meditations by some of the foremost masters in the mind-body field – Andy Weil, Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Belleruth Naparstek. These are available free, 24/7, for you and your family, courtesy of Health Journeys and Sounds True.
- Puppy Live stream - Feel your heart go aaawww and your body relax as you watch these absolutely ADORABLE puppies.
- Crossfit - Get workouts of the day and helpful hints and videos.
- Coloring Pages for Adults - Coloring is not just for kids! Put on your favorite relaxing music, grab your favorite beverage and some coloring pencils and get lost in the coloring.
- Dance Lessons
- Good Housekeeping’s guide to the best online dance classes to try at home right now. From dance cardio to ballet intensive, these classes are perfect to get you moving and grooving.
- Take free dance classes with Dance Plug and learn to dance from our jazz dance tutorials, taught by the best dance teachers, including combinations, exercises, and warm-ups for any skill level.
- Learn To Dance online from your home with our HD videos. You will find links to free online dance classes and video tutorials in these styles: Club dance, Hip Hop dance, Ballroom and Latin, Ballet, Breakdancing, Tap dance, Irish dancing, Country Western, Free style, Belly dancing, and more
- Medina County Parks District - Explore more than 18 parks, 40 miles of trails, and nature preserves throughout Medina County. From wetlands and playgrounds to lakes and forests, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Resources at Home
New to our site: Chat with a Librarian. Ask your questions to a live MCDL staff member. We'll be online Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
eMedia Entertainment - mcdl.info/Download - eBooks, eAudiobooks, Music, Movies, TV shows, magazines. You name it we have it.
Research & Learning - mcdl.info/OnlineLearning has great resources to try at home. Here are a few ideas to get started.
- Learn a new skill, get help with homework, or start a new career with Learning Express Library. Students may access SAT and ACT practice tests. Adults may prepare for real estate licensing, civil service and law enforcement tests and more.
- Learn a new language - click the Language Learning tab to access Mango and Transparent Languages.
- Auto Repair – click the Auto Repair tab to finally fix up that old car or make the one you have purr with MCDL's extensive online car repair databases like Chilton. There's even a Small Engine Repair Reference Center for mowers and more.
- Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Learn how to paint, knit, crochet, sew, screen print and more. Use this fun service for free with your library card.
Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online.
Coursera offers free and paid online courses from 190+ leading universities and companies.
TED Talks not courses, but always interesting, thought provoking talks on a variety of topics.
Medina County Every Day is Earth Day April event. Download the interactive calendar to attend webinars, watch videos and even attend MCDL storytimes. Download the registration required calendar to learn about hikes, tree planting activities and an Earth Day Take and Make activity available the week of April 5 at all MCDL locations, while supplies last.
Virtual Museum and Zoo Tours - Bored at Home? Here's a Massive List of Museums, Zoos, and Theme Parks Offering Virtual Tours.
National Parks Tours - 33 National Park Tours you can take virtually from the comfort of your home.
Mars Tour - The real surface of Mars. Recorded by NASA’s Curiosity Rover. Now in your browser.
Great Wall of China - As China's most famous attraction, the Great Wall of China is an essential stop on all China tours. Commonly considered a wonder of the world, the Great Wall boasts a history of over 2,000 years and stretches more than 3,000 miles across several provinces of northern China, making it one of the most impressive ancient structures on the planet. Now you can view it from your living room!
Theater and the Arts
- The Metropolitan Opera Company will provide nightly Met Opera streams.
- Patrick Stewart reading Shakespeare’s Sonnets on Instagram
- The Social Distancing Festival is a site for celebrating art from all over the world, showcasing amazing talent, and coming together as a community at a time when we need it more than ever.
- Classical FM An updating list of all the major classical concerts and events being streamed live, in the wake of coronavirus measures being taken globally.
- Jazz.org - While the coronavirus shutdown has shuttered many of the world’s musical venues, musicians are responding by webcasting their performances so we can all experience the joy of spontaneous, live jazz.
- Cook at home with Michael Symon #SymonDinners on the Food Network Kitchen Facebook Page.
Stay At Home Activities
- 31 Things to Do While Social Distancing.
- 9 Ideas for Activities that are actually fun.
- Jackbox TV Connect virtually with friends and family to play games.
- To learn how to play Jackbox TV click here.
- Social Distancing Doesn’t need to be boring.
- Martha Stewart’s ideas for things to do during the pandemic.
- Online Board Games.
- MCDL YouTube - Our library staff presents a lovely array of videos including book recommendations, craft tutorials, story times, and virtual events! You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you might find!