MCDL Reopens to Public after Medina County’s Return to COVID-19 RED Designation
Dec. 18, 2020
Medina County District Library locations are OPEN. All Contact Free and Virtual Services continue per patron preference.
Read our COVID-19 Statement on Health and Safety to learn the measures being taken for cleanliness, social distancing, and what we advise members to do upon your return.
MCDL reopened doors to patron foot traffic, with current hours, and in-person services Friday, December 18th at 10:00 am.
Masks are required for all patrons ages 5 and older, no exceptions. Masks are available in the lobby of every location. Social distancing protocols are to be followed by all patrons while on library property.
Library hours are:
Monday & Wednesday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday & Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Walk-up book drops are open 24/7. Drive-up book drops at Medina and Brunswick Libraries are open 3:30 pm Friday through Monday at 8:30 am.
All Virtual Services will continue for patrons who prefer contact-free library services. These include:
- Reserve materials through the online catalog at mcdl.info or on the CLEVNET app. When items become available contact your library to arrange for pick up.
Choose MCDL locations as your only borrowing option to access materials available on our shelves and get items more quickly.
Borrowing through CLEVNET is active, allowing patrons to borrow from member libraries as well.
- Contact your library to have them shop the collection for you! Call or submit a request and staff will gather the best of what you're looking for and check items out to your card. Pick up items Curbside or request a Locker.
- Visit mcdl.info to access the eMedia collection and research and online learning opportunities. If you don’t already have a library card, get an eCard to access these online services.
- Contact Us anytime by email. Use our live Chat or call by phone for Reference services during all open hours.
- Interact with Virtual Events anytime on YouTube and Live Events via Zoom; including storytimes, family activities, and author and reading events.
- Free fiber-fast Wi-Fi is boosted outside library buildings into our parking lots for use 24/7. Wi-Fi Hotspots may be reserved, when available, by phone or email at your branch. Select Tools & Tech items may be requested at the Medina Library. These technologies must be picked up through Curbside Service. Late fees may apply.
- Medina Library’s Family History and Learning Center continues to offer banner printing (temporarily unavailable) and 3D Printing. Patrons may email projects to firstname.lastname@example.org, pay online, and pick projects up through Curbside service. Learn more at mcdl.info/Makerspace.
Virtual Genealogy 1-on-1 appointments are available by video call to assist with your research. Email email@example.com to schedule.
- Find out if you qualify for Outreach Services with Residential Delivery, Books by Mail or pick-up service by a family member or friend.
- Remote printing is available with contact-free document pick-up. Call your local branch during service hours to arrange.
- Book donations to the Friends of the Library may begin again in 2021 but are not being accepted at this time. Book sales are also suspended. Ongoing book sales in library lobbies are operational.